A lot of people don’t have typical red pimples on their faces. However, their skin still does not seem clear and rough due to the presence of blackheads. These pesky blackheads increase the risk of breakouts and can make your skin dull and textured. If ignored, these blackheads can also leave marks and blemishes on your skin.
Scroll through this skincare guide to explore how to remove blackheads and achieve your goal of getting clear skin.
Understanding blackheads and why they occur
Blackheads can be described as open bumps on your skin filled with dead cells and excess oil. While blackheads are a type of acne breakout, they are not pimples. Almost everyone struggles with blackheads in their lives.
Some common causes behind blackheads on your face are as follows:
- Higher sebum production
- Increased levels of androgen in the body
- Abnormal production of keratin in the body
- Growth in the presence of bacteria that triggers acne
Different methods for removing blackheads
If you are trying to figure out how to remove blackheads from face, following a proper skincare regimen can help. The skincare methods that can help you deal with the stubborn blackheads on your skin are as follows:
- Double cleansing: Using a good gentle exfoliating face wash to remove impurities from the face is essential for preventing all types of acne breakouts. But before you do that, use a wet wipe or micellar water to remove the makeup, sunscreen, or other things from your face. After that, wash your face using the Clearing & Calming Acne Face Wash to remove dirt, dust, grime, and more from the face.
- Exfoliation: Blackheads occur due to the accumulation of dead cells inside the pores of your skin. Exfoliating is essential for eliminating dead skin cells and opening up the pores on your skin’s surface. But remember to use a gentle exfoliating scrub to prevent ripping your skin off its moisture. The Overnight Exfoliating AHA BHA Radiance Mask will exfoliate dead skin cells while soothing and hydrating your skin.
- Moisturising: Nourishing your skin and meeting its hydration requirements is necessary for preventing blackheads. The Acne Care & Healing Gel Moisturiser with Tea Tree & Cica is the best for providing adequate hydration to your acne-prone skin. This lightweight formulation ensures that your skin does not feel greasy. But it comes with acne-healing properties and helps make your skin feel smooth and even.
- Acne spot removal: Maybe you have a big event coming up the next day, but your skin feels dull and rough due to blackheads. You will immediately start worrying, “How do I remove blackheads” In such a situation, the Overnight Acne Spot Corrector will come to your rescue. We have created this fast-acting formulation with salicylic acid and other powerful ingredients to shrink existing acne overnight. It can reduce the size of blackheads by up to 70-80%.
Professional treatments for stubborn blackheads
Anyone wondering how to get remove blackheads can rely on the following professional techniques:
- Chemical peels: This method involves removing skin layers with a mild chemical solution to minimise the occurrence of blackheads.
- Microdermabrasion: This professional skincare treatment revolves around using a special instrument to sand the skin and remove the upper layers. As a result, clogged pores on the skin open up and prevent blackheads.
- Laser skin resurfacing: This technique involves removing blackheads by targeting them with laser beams.
Tips to prevent future blackheads from forming
There are certain tips that you can follow to prevent blackheads from occuring in the first place. Here some of the tips discussed as follows:
- Use a mild exfoliating cleanser with acne-healing properties to remove impurities from the face.
- Choose a lightweight moisturiser to provide adequate nourishment to your skin without blocking pores.
- Don’t put your hands on your face unnecessarily.
- Remember to remove makeup from your face before sleeping.
- Avoid over-exfoliation or home remedies for removing blackheads.
Blackheads can make your skin bumpy and can affect your overall complexion. Thankfully, managing blackheads is not difficult as long as you stick to a proper skincare regimen. However, avoid using homemade blackhead removal methods to prevent the risk of permanent skin damage in the form of scarring or bad breakouts.
- Are home remedies for blackhead removal useful?
You might come across several home remedies for removing blackheads from your face. While some of these home remedies can help, they might damage your skin to a certain extent. For instance, if you make a homemade scrub with harsh exfoliators, you might end up with scarring and breakouts on your skin. So, you should choose products from a reliable skincare brand or seek professional treatment for blackhead removal.
- Can I get rid of blackheads overnight?
The Pink Foundry offers an Overnight Acne Spot Corrector to help you tackle your blackheads. You will have to apply this product on areas with existing blackheads and keep it overnight. When you wake up the next day, you will notice a reduction of up to 80% in the size of the acne breakouts.
- Should I use salicylic acid to remove blackheads?
Salicylic acid can help the oil clogged in your pores to break down to prevent blackheads. Therefore, you can get rid of your blackheads by using skincare products containing salicylic acid. Remember to apply moisturiser on your skin after using any skincare product containing salicylic acid.