Hyaluronic acid, for years, has been the leading choice of people seeking the ultimate moisturising solution for their skin. Today, it has become an active ingredient in most skincare products, be it a moisturiser, facewash, toner or serum.
But it's not only the moisturising property that makes hyaluronic acid so famous, hyaluronic acid advantages are beyond that. In this article, learn everything about hyaluronic acid, from its meaning and advantages to its uses. So, let’s start.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in your body in the eyes, joints, and connective tissues. With water-holding capacity beyond 1000 times its weight, hyaluronic acid astounds people by helping them with moisture retention.
This property makes hyaluronic acid a key anti-ageing ingredient in most moisturising creams and serums. The skin and synovial fluid, a key component of joint fluid, both include hyaluronic acid. As people age above 25, they face joint issues. So, this is where hyaluronic acid comes to aid.
Naturally, you should speak with your doctor about this to receive specific advice. Nevertheless, now that you know ‘what is hyaluronic acid,’ let’s move on to its advantages.
Hyaluronic Acid Advantages
The reasons hyaluronic acid is so miraculous are many. To begin with, HA has a 1000-fold water-weight binding capacity! To keep your skin moisturised, it acts as a humectant, holding water molecules to the surface of your skin.
When we say skin is well-moisturised, we typically mean it contains an ample amount of water. Transepidermal water loss, often known as TEWL, is a word you may be familiar with. So, the amount of water evaporating from the skin is measured using this word in scientific contexts.
By preventing water from evaporating from the surface of your skin, a product that prevents TEWL keeps your skin hydrated. In fact, hyaluronic acid accomplishes this by reducing the rate of water evaporation.
Also, a few studies have discovered that it is also very useful for healing wounds in addition to being an exceptional hydrator!
What Does Hyaluronic Acid Do For Your Skin
So, if you keep hearing the question ‘What does hyaluronic acid do for your skin,’ just tell them about these benefits:
- Moisturises Your Skin: Hyaluronic acid ensures optimal moisturisation of your skin. It enters the skin layer and interconnects the cells present with water (whenever you apply water to the skin). So, it plays a key role in providing revitalising hydration in substantial amounts to all your skin layers.
- Addresses Contours: Your facial features are likely to soften as you age. This is when elastin and collagen–two key contributors to your skin’s firmness–decline in production. Here, using hyaluronic acid skin care products can save you the suppleness and plumpness you desire.
- Makes Skin Plumper: With age, every person loses the fullness of their facial skin, especially around the jawline and cheeks. So, what does hyaluronic acid do here? It serves the purpose of a volume dispenser and boosts the cheek volume. It ensures a more youthful appearance.
- Adds Glow & Radiance: By now, you know that hyaluronic acid is a key player in skin hydration. This helps them boost your facial skin health, illuminating it and giving you a more youthful radiance.
- Skin Smoothening: While wrinkles cannot be completely avoided as you age, you can control how noticeable they become. Also, hyaluronic acid-based creams and serums give your skin the ideal amount of hydration, minimising wrinkles and postponing the appearance of new ones.
Uses Of Hyaluronic Acid For Skin
One of the primary uses of hyaluronic acid for the skin is to combat ageing symptoms and enhance skin texture. It is your skin consisting of half the body’s hyaluronic acid. This acid bonds with water molecules to ensure water retention and optimal skin moisturisation.
As mentioned earlier, the level of hyaluronic acid in the skin declines with age. This means dry skin combined with wrinkles will knock on your doors as you slowly age. So, this is where using hyaluronic acid skin care products becomes a saviour for all. It boosts skin hydration and lessens the impact of ageing.
Hyaluronic Acid Skin Care Products
Today, most skin care products, from night creams and serums to moisturisers and cleansers, infuse hyaluronic acid as their key active ingredient. One can use such skincare products daily in their skincare regimen. So, if you’re looking for one of the best hyaluronic acid skincare products, the house of The Pink Foundry has something special for you.
Introducing its new Waterlight Gel Moisturiser 72 Hour Hydration 50 ml, The Pink Foundry alleviates your skin hydration issue once and for all. This product entails all the skincare benefits mentioned above and introduces you to fine, moisturised, radiant skin as you age.
Hyaluronic Acid maintains a youthful and bright appearance due to its many advantages, including its moisturising and plumping actions. So, this ingredient can be simply incorporated into your skincare routine to address common skin concerns and is suitable for all skin types.