Vitamin C Uses and When To Use it
Do you know what vitamin C is and what it can do for your skin? This powerful antioxidant has many benefits, including reducing the appearance of wrinkles and age spots, repairing sun damage, and boosting collagen production. In this blog post, we will discuss the different uses of vitamin C serum and when to use it for optimal results. We will also recommend some of our favorite serums that contain high levels of vitamin C!
Vitamin C: Overview
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin that plays a vital role in many of the body’s functions. It is an antioxidant, meaning it helps to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin C also helps to boost collagen production, which is the protein that gives skin its elasticity and strength.
There are many different forms of vitamin C, but the most common and effective form for topical use is L-ascorbic acid. When applied to the skin, L-ascorbic acid can penetrate deep into the dermis, where it can provide powerful antioxidant benefits.
Moreover, several brands have now turned to natural vitamin C derivatives like Kakadu Plum and Camu Camu berry, which are even more potent than L-ascorbic acid.
Because vitamin C is such a powerhouse ingredient, it is often found in skincare products like serums and creams. In fact, vitamin C serums have become one of the most popular skincare products on the market today!
But with so many different products to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you? And once you’ve found the perfect serum, when should you be using it? Keep reading to find out!
Vitamin C Use for Skin
So, now that you know all about vitamin C, let’s discuss the different ways you can use it!
Vitamin C Serum:
One of the most popular ways to use vitamin C is in the form of a serum. Serums are lightweight products that are applied after cleansing but before moisturizing. They typically contain higher concentrations of active ingredients than other skincare products, making them more potent and effective.
When choosing a vitamin C serum, look for one that contains at least 15% L-ascorbic acid. Also, be sure to check the expiration date before purchasing, as vitamin C serums tend to lose their potency over time. Also, be sure to choose a serum that is formulated for your skin type. For example, if you have sensitive skin, look for a serum that is specifically designed for sensitive skin.
To use a vitamin C serum, simply apply a few drops to clean skin and massage it in until it is fully absorbed. You can then follow up with your usual moisturizer. We recommend using a vitamin C serum in the morning, as this will help protect your skin from environmental damage throughout the day.
You can also use a vitamin C serum at night, but be sure to apply sunscreen in the morning if you do so. This is because vitamin C can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Vitamin C Cream:
Another way to use vitamin C is in the form of a cream. Vitamin C creams are typically thicker than serums and are designed to be used as a moisturizer. They can also be used as a spot treatment for areas of concern like wrinkles, age spots, and sun damage.
When to Use Vitamin C Serum
Vitamin C serum uses include both morning and night skincare routines. If you prefer using it in the morning, make sure you cleanse your skin and apply it before putting on sunscreen. If you are using it at night, apply it after removing your makeup and before applying your nighttime moisturizer.
We recommend using vitamin C serum every day for best results. However, if you have sensitive skin, start by using it every other day and gradually increase to daily use as tolerated.
Vitamin C serum is applicable for the following use cases:
- Brightening skin: If you are looking for a product to help brighten your skin, vitamin C serum is a great option. Vitamin C can help to even out skin tone and give your skin a healthy-looking glow.
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines: Vitamin C can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This is because it helps to stimulate collagen production, which in turn can help to plump up the skin and smooth out wrinkles.
- Preventing sun damage: Another benefit of vitamin C is that it can help to prevent sun damage. This is because it provides powerful antioxidant protection against environmental damage like pollution and UV rays.
- Fading dark spots and hyperpigmentation: Vitamin C can also help to fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation. This is because it helps to inhibit the production of melanin, which is the pigment that gives skin its color.
- Boosting collagen production: As we mentioned earlier, vitamin C can help to boost collagen production. This is important because collagen is what gives skin its firmness and elasticity. Collagen is an important protein that declines with age, which is why wrinkles and fine lines tend to appear as we get older.
Vitamin C is a powerful ingredient that can offer many benefits to the skin. When used in the form of a serum or cream, it can help to brighten skin, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, prevent sun damage, fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation, and boost collagen production.
Product to Try
Skin care is a journey and you will only see the results with time. When choosing skincare products, it is important to choose the right brand for your skin. The Pink Foundry has a couple of products that have the "Bio Active complex of Australian super plums" that are very rich in Vit C. Therefore, you must be careful when picking a specific product for your skin.