There are a plethora of benefits associated with face serums. They are often seen as one rewarding step in your everyday beauty routine. Applying layers of face serum to your face can help you acquire the best results.
But are you having second thoughts about incorporating face serum into your daily skincare regimen? If you need more clarification about the effectiveness of this popular skincare product, then we're here to help.
This article will quickly walk you through certain things you need to know about face serums. Please stick to the end of the article to know more about it. Let's dive in.
What is Face Serum?
If you are wondering 'what is face serum,' we'll provide you with the best answers. Face serums are lightweight formulations that can be applied directly to your skin. They are generally gel-based clear liquids, which are lighter than moisturisers.
Face serums are exquisitely formulated to protect, hydrate, and nourish the skin. On the other hand, it can terminate numerous skin concerns:
- Hyperpigmentation or dark spots
- Dehydrated skin
- Clogged pores and acne
- Redness and sensitive skin
- Uneven skin tone, etc.
Benefits of Face Serum
Here, we've enlisted some of the most commendable benefits of face serum:
- It helps improve your skin's texture because of its collagen content. Thus, your skin becomes smooth, firm, plumpy, and looks young.
- Face serum reduces the size of your skin pores and removes black and whiteheads from forming further.
- Using face serum regularly helps lower the pimples, scars and spots on your face skin.
- Applying under-eye serums can efficiently reduce the dryness, puffiness, and fine lines around your eyes.
- It helps reduce dryness, inflammation, and redness on your skin, making it feel fresh and moisturised.
What Does Face Serum Do?
If you are wondering 'what does face serum do', we're here to provide quick insights. Face serums can deliver powerful ingredients directly into your skin because of the smaller molecular components. Since the molecules are tiny, their penetrating power is exceptionally high and can sink deep into the skin.
Furthermore, face serums have the potential to deliver a high concentration of active ingredients. Because of their higher concentration, you can quickly notice visible results within a short time.
Some of the primary functions of face serum are:
- Helps in soothing sensitive skin.
- Offers antioxidants, hydration and other nutrients to the skin.
- It improves the appearance of the skin by removing wrinkles.
- It shields the skin from significant damage and free radicals.
Types of Face Serum
You will find numerous types of face serum available in the market. Some of the most common ones include:
- Skin-brightening serums
- Anti-ageing serums
- Free-radical fighting serums
- Hydrating serums
- Reparative/texture improvement serums
- Acne-prone and sensitive skin serums, etc.
How to Use Face Serum?
You can efficiently apply face serum on your face twice every day. Applying once in the morning and once at night will help you get the most commendable results. Here, we will guide you on how to use face serum in your regular skincare regimen:
- First, take a pea-sized serum on your palm and spread it evenly.
- Next, dab the serum all over your face and neck in slow and gentle motions.
- You need to leave the application for a few minutes and allow it to penetrate your skin.
- Once it has completely dried up, you can continue your skincare routine.
Read More in Detail Here: How to use face serum and when to apply it?
Difference Between Moisturizer and Serum
The primary difference between moisturisers and serum is that serums can penetrate deep into your skin, whereas moisturisers only affect the upper skin layer. In other words, serums can go deep within your skin and target the appearance of skin damage. Meanwhile, moisturisers can lock the hydration in the upper layer of skin by creating a shield against external stressors.
Moisturisers cannot go deep within the skin because they have larger molecules than serums.
Choosing the Right Face Serum
You must consider a few factors to determine the best-suit serum for your face. Firstly, you need to determine your skin type and the prevailing issue you're experiencing with your skin.
However, you will find a wide range of serums offered by The Pink Foundry. Each face serum has been dermatologically tested and proven highly effective for resolving skin problems.
Face serums are incredibly lightweight products that contain a higher concentration of active ingredients. These skin care products have tiny molecular particles that can quickly absorb into your skin. Thus, they make your skin incredibly soft, radiant, and young looking.