Many of us still think that cleansing our face with soap and water at the end of the day is sufficient. But that’s certainly not true! Our face skin demands more cleansing than just soap and water.
And that is exactly where double cleansing comes along. The generic method of soap-water cleansing will not remove the gunk and grime from our faces. Incorporating the correct double cleansing method in your regular skincare regimen will help remove stubborn impurities from your skin.
This article will provide you with some valuable insights into double cleansing. Please keep reading until the end of the article to know more and improve your regular skincare regimen.
What is Double Cleansing?
If you are wondering ‘what is double cleansing’, then we are here to provide you with the best answer. Double cleansing is a unique procedure of cleansing your face twice regularly. The first cleansing is usually done with an oil-based cleanser, while the second is with a water-based cleanser.
Double cleansing can efficiently help remove stubborn, acne-causing, and pore-clogging impurities from your skin. A second cleanse is crucial as these tend to remain on your skin even after the first wash.
Benefits of Double Cleansing
Most of us have yet to learn how double cleansing can help in improving our skin. Apart from providing clean and squeaky skin, there are several other benefits of double cleansing. Some of them are:
- Double cleansing helps in removing excessive oil buildup on your face overnight.
- It provides aid in effectively removing makeup and other impurities.
- Double cleansing is capable of enhancing the efficacy of other skincare products.
- It can help improve the texture and appearance of your skin, making it bright.
- Double cleansing helps in cleansing your skin without stripping it off from its nourishments.
Double Cleansing Method
The double cleansing method isn’t as time-consuming as you would think. It is a simple two-step procedure that will add a couple more minutes to your regular skincare regimen.
Here, we have listed down the steps for the procedure of double cleansing:
- Firstly, you need to apply an oil-based cleanser on your face.
- Then you need to massage the cleanser gently so that it penetrates your skin and breaks down the unwanted residue.
- Next, you need to rise off the cleanser with lukewarm water, and you’ll complete your first cleansing.
- During your second cleansing, you must follow the exact methods of your first cleansing. However, using a water or gel-based cleanser for your second cleansing is best.
- And finally, you need to rinse the lather from your face and pat it dry.
Tada! You’ve successfully aced double cleansing in your regular skincare regimen.
What Products to Use to Double Cleanse?
The Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser from The Pink Foundry is one of the best double cleansing products ever. This highly effective formula is backed by Illawarra, Bioactive Complex of Kakadu, Burdekin Plum, and Hyaluronic Acid.
It can hydrate your skin by up to 60% within 30 minutes. This is possible because of the formula's Bioactive Complex of Australian super plums.
Should I Double Cleanse Everyday
Dermatologists suggest that regular double cleansing is only necessary when you wear makeup daily. This is because stubborn makeup ingredients and other impurities can only be removed with double cleansing.
However, a single thorough cleansing is more than sufficient when you don't wear makeup or step outside.
Can I Double Cleanse with the Same Cleanser
Yes, you can double-cleanse with the same cleanser. The first will lift off the dirt from the top layer if you are using the Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser. Thus, it will break down the dirt, makeup, and excessive oil on your skin. And during your second cleansing, the same cleanser will help wash away all the prevailing impurities on your skin.
Is it Necessary to Double Cleanse?
Double cleansing isn’t a necessity. However, certain skin types find double cleansing to be highly worthwhile than others.
If you have never tried double cleansing before, there is no harm in getting on board now. All you need to do is remember that ‘Gentle’ is your double cleansing regimen keyword. And that is the exact technique or formula you must use for double cleansing.
And if your skin isn’t exposed to the stubborn dirt or harmful UV rays of the sun, a double cleanse isn’t required. A single cleanse will be more than adequate if and when done appropriately. Also make sure that you use the Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser from The Pink Foundry while cleansing your face.