What is a Face Cleanser? Complete Guide to Types, Uses and Benefits of Cleanser
Cleaning your face with a face cleanser is integral to your daily skincare regimen. Cleansing helps in removing excessive sweat, oil, makeup, dead cells, and dirt on your skin. It helps in refreshing your skin, thereby providing your skin with a chance to breathe.
Cleanser provides a clean foundation for applying skincare products such as makeup or moisturiser. While every individual possesses different types of skin, each skin type has varying needs. If you are uncertain about your skin type and don’t know what it requires for cleansing, we’re here to help.
This article will provide informative insights into ‘what is cleanser’, ‘the uses of cleanser’, ‘the benefits of cleanser’, and lots more. Please keep reading until the end of the article to know more about it.
Let’s dive in.
What is a Face Cleanser?
If you are wondering ‘what is face cleanser,’ we are here to provide you with the best answer.
A facial cleanser is a unique skincare formula that helps cleanse the skin. It removes the regular accumulation of oils and dirt, sunscreen, makeup, dead skin cells, pollution remains, etc. Besides, it helps remove the topmost skin cells and unclog the mores.
In a nutshell, a face cleanser can clean your skin without hampering the upper layer.
You should note that facial cleansers come in different variants. So, it’s immensely crucial for you to choose the one that best suits your lifestyle and skin type.
Benefits of Facial Cleanser
Incorporating the correct facial cleanser into your regular skin care regimen will benefit your skin health. Some of the commendable benefits of facial cleanser are:
- It helps keep your skin soft, hydrated, and supple, making it youthful-looking.
- Cleansers can efficiently clear up any build-up on your skin and promote smooth and healthy skin.
- It helps stimulate blood circulation, elevates the blood flow in your face skin, and makes it glow.
- A cleanser can sweep away dry and dead skin cells, revealing a fresh layer of skin and promoting a natural glow.
- It can efficiently fight any signs of ageing and make your skin look younger and brighter.
- Since it clears the clogs on your skin pores, other skincare products can thoroughly penetrate your skin.
How to Use a Facial Cleanser
Having a clear idea regarding the uses of facial cleanser is equally essential as choosing the appropriate product. However, the usage entirely depends on the type of facial cleanser you choose. So, make sure that you read the usage instructions carefully before applying them.
Nevertheless, we’ve provided a general step-by-step guide on the ways of using a facial cleanser:
- Firstly, you must pull your hair back and tie it properly so it doesn’t fall on your face.
- Next, you must wash your hands thoroughly before cleaning your face.
- Next, you need to dampen your face with lukewarm water.
- After that, you need to squeeze out a dime-size amount of your face cleanser and apply it to your face.
- You need to massage your face gently in circular motions for at least 60 seconds for the ingredients in the cleanser to penetrate your skin..
- Once you’ve completed cleansing your skin, you need to rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
After that, you can continue with your remaining skincare regimen.
Types of Cleanser
There are various types of cleanser, such as:
- Gel Cleanser
- Foam Cleanser
- Cream Cleanser
- Powder Cleanser
- Clay Cleanser, etc.
Can We Use Cleanser Daily?
If you are thinking, ‘can we use cleanser daily’ then our answer would be yes. You can consider using the Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser to remove dirt and makeup from your face, regularly, twice a day.
What to Look for While Choosing Your Cleanser?
When you use a face cleanser, your skin must feel soft, clean and non-irritated. You need to choose a cleanser that suits your skin type best.
- For normal skin type, you must use cleansers containing salicylic acid, vitamin C, and chemical exfoliants.
- If you have dry skin, you must choose cleansers that hydrate and moisturise your skin.
- For oily skin types, you must use cleansers containing salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and glycolic acid.
- You can easily use the Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser from The Pink Foundry for combination or sensitive skin.
By now, you must have a clear idea regarding the types, benefits, and applications of face cleansers. So, the next time you purchase a facial cleanser, determine your skin type and the best-suited ingredients. You can make an informed purchase by knowing which face cleanser will provide you with clear, glowing, and healthy skin.
However, the Hydrating Foaming Mild Cleanser from The Pink Foundry is perfect for all skin types.