If you have been blessed with a sharp jawline, you should waste no opportunity to flaunt it through selfies and side-faced pictures. But what if your jawline gets affected by acne, and you can no longer flaunt it? It’s understandable if jawline acne makes you a little underconfident about your looks. But the good news is you can treat acne on your jawline quite easily. Keep reading to find out more.
What is jawline acne?
You might have noticed pimples on different parts of your skin from time to time. But the acne on the chin and jawline is usually hard. Moreover, pimples in these areas of your skin are highly unlikely to contain pus.
As the sebaceous glands of your skin produce oil, it offers lubrication and creates a protective layer. But at times, these glands produce oil in excess. This excess amount of oil combines with dead skin cells, bacteria, and dirt to form pimples by blocking your pores.
Hormonal fluctuations are often the reason behind an excess production of sebum. Puberty, pregnancy, and PCOS are the top reasons behind imbalanced hormone levels in your body. You might also notice jawline hormonal acne due to excessive stress that messes up with your hormones.
What are the top jawline acne causes?
Some common jawline acne causes can be the following:
- Cosmetics: Jawline acne is more common in people who wear a lot of makeup. Moreover, the use of oily skincare products can block your pores and trigger breakouts on the jawline.
- Musical instruments: Playing musical instruments like a violin requires you to bring it close to your jawline. Therefore, violin players often have breakouts on their jawlines.
- Sports equipment: Wearing sports equipment like helmets and shoulder pads often causes acne on the jawline and neck.
- Shaving: Shaving might irritate your skin and trigger acne on your jawline. Shaving with old razor blades often causes infections. Therefore, the breakouts on your jawline might worsen when you use an old razor.
- Medications: Some medications, like steroids, might cause acne on your jawline as a side effect. You are also likely to notice acne on your jawline when you take medications for depression or bipolar disorder.
- Dermatological conditions: Some dermatological conditions like contact dermatitis and rosacea can also be the reason behind acne on your jawline.
How to get rid of jawline acne
The Pink Foundry has formulated special products to help you get rid of jawline acne:
Acne face wash
Keeping impurities away from your face is key to dealing with all types of acne. But you need to find a product that will be gentle on your face while cleansing it. The Clearing & Calming Acne Face Wash is what you can use to purify your skin and provide it with a soothing feeling.
This cleanser will make your skin appear clean and prevent excess production of sebum. Moreover, it will help remove layers of dead skin gently and eliminate dullness from your face. It will treat existing pimples and prevent future ones while making your skin texture smoother.
You might also start noticing pimples on your jawline if your skin becomes too dry. A moisturiser that provides adequate nourishment to your skin will help regulate sebum production to prevent acne on the jawline. The Acne Care & Healing Gel Moisturiser with Tea Tree & Cica is a lightweight formulation to replenish your skin without clogging any pores.
The presence of potent ingredients in this moisturiser will help cure existing acne while preventing future ones. It will enable your skin to lock in moisture and promote a calming effect. Moreover, the moisturiser will strengthen the barrier of your skin to fight pimples.
Jawline acne usually clears up within a few days when you use the right skincare products. It’s strongly recommended not to pop pimples on the jawline or any other part of your skin. Have patience and be consistent with your skincare regimen to let your jawline acne disappear in no time.
- Can shaving cause pimples on the jawline?
You might often notice pimples on the jawline after shaving. They are more likely to appear when you use one razor blade for a long time or share your razor with others. Preventing friction while shaving by using a soap or lotion will help prevent acne breakouts. You might also consider switching to electric razors if they seem gentler for your skin.
- How can I get rid of pimples on the jawline instantly?
The Overnight Acne Spot Corrector can help if you need to get rid of your jawline pimples fast. You need to directly apply the product to your pimples on the jawline. The spot treatment solution contains salicylic acid, zinc oxide, and sulphur to shrink the size of your acne breakouts. After you wash your face the next morning, your acne lesion count is likely to reduce by 50%.
- Are tea tree extracts good for treating acne on the jawline?
Tea tree extracts are an immensely powerful ingredient for treating acne. The Acne Care & Healing Gel Moisturiser contains tea tree extracts to speed up the process of acne healing to create a smooth texture. Moreover, the ingredient will prevent the risk of future breakouts on your face. Our moisturiser with tea tree extracts will treat acne by regulating sebum production while providing your skin with adequate levels of hydration.