Holi is about celebrating a happy day with friends and family. Even if you are not big on playing with colours, someone will say bura na mano Holi hai and apply a little gulaal on your face. And before you realise it, you will be completely unrecognisable with more colours than the rainbow on your face.
It’s fun and good until you get a face full of breakouts the next day. What if we tell you that you celebrate this year without worrying about the skin damage? Yes, you read that right! We have some of the best Holi skin care tips to help you celebrate the festival of colours on a happy note. So let’s get started.
Holi Skin Care Tips
Holi colours contain several chemicals that can cause irritation and itching. Moreover, they can also lead to dry and flaky skin while triggering acne. To avoid that, you will need a strong pre and post-Holi skin care regimen. Check out the best tips now.
Pre-Holi Skin Care Tips
Some of the best pre-Holi skin care tips are as follows:
- Use ice cubes: Before you start playing Holi, rub some ice cubes on your face. But remember to clean your face before rubbing ice. Do it for 15 minutes minimum to close your pores and prevent the harmful chemicals present in the colours from penetrating into your skin.
- Wear sunscreen: Sunscreen should be an integral part of your pre-Holi skincare because you will usually play with colours outdoors. Applying sunscreen will prevent tanning so that the natural colour of your skin doesn’t get hampered after you have all the fun with colours under the sun.
- Stay hydrated: Before playing Holi, you must keep your body properly hydrated. Drink a lot of fluids to keep your body and skin hydrated. You should also apply moisturiser on your face, neck, arms, and other area like ears. You should also apply some lip balm to prevent the colours from settling in the cracks of your lips.
- Apply body oil: Oil your skin to create a protective layer between your skin and the harmful chemicals in Holi colours. Oiling your body also makes it easier to wash away the colour easily. Besides your body, you should also oil your hair before going out to play Holi.
Post-Holi Skin Care
Some of the best post-holi skin care tips are as follows:
- Clean face with a foaming face wash: Use a foaming face wash to get rid of all the colour and dirt from your face. You can also use a hydrating foaming cleanser according to your skin type to get rid of the colour.
- Moisturise your skin: One of the most important post-Holi skin care tips is moisturising. Use a moisturiser that suits your skin after a thorough cleaning.
- Treat the sunburns: Playing Holi outdoors is likely to give you sunburns. Rub ice wrapped in a cloth to soothe the sunburn and remove redness from your skin.
- Avoid using warm water: You might find it comfortable to clean the colours using warm water. But avoid warm water and take a cold shower to wash off all the colours.
How Can I Protect My Acne Prone Skin from Holi Colours?
Acne breakouts are one of the worst enemies of people who love playing with colours on Holi. But thanks to the anti-acne range from The Pink Foundry, you can tackle acne easily. From an anti-acne serum to an overnight acne spot corrector, you will find it all in this skincare range. Order the best products for acne-prone skin and play with Holi colours with no worries.