Are you tired of battling acne and struggling to find the perfect moisturiser that won't clog your pores? Don’t worry! We have just the right ingredient for your skin- squalane- the ultimate superhero ingredient for your skin. This magical ingredient instantly hydrates your skin, locks in moisture, and supports the microbiome.
Let’s understand more about this superhero of an ingredient in detail. Come, let’s find out:
What is squalane?
Here’s the truth: Squalane is a lightweight, non-comedogenic oil made from oh-so-amazing olives. This superhero ingredient has a molecular structure that closely resembles your skin's natural oils, making it a superstar when it comes to balancing oil production and moisturising acne-prone skin. This is why, it is commonly used in many skincare products.
How is squalane oil good for your skin?
Let’s face it: Many of you might know the agony of dealing with acne.This incredible ingredient has remarkable anti-inflammatory properties that work wonders in soothing irritated skin. Whether it's hormonal breakouts or pesky pimples, squalane solves many skin-related issues due to its many benefits, as listed below:
- Reduces breakouts
One of the primary factors contributing to breakouts is the overproduction of sebum, the skin's natural oil. Squalane works by regulating sebum production, helping to balance oil levels in the skin. As it is lightweight and non-greasy, squalane also hydrates the skin without clogging pores, preventing the formation of acne. Additionally, squalane has anti-inflammatory properties that soothes any existing inflammation and redness associated with breakouts. This helps to calm the skin and minimise the appearance of blemishes.
- Absorbs into the skin:
Squalane is a natural emollient that has exceptional moisturising properties. It can easily absorb into the skin, improve hydration levels, and give a soft and supple complexion. Plus, it also locks in moisture, keeping your skin moisturised throughout the day.
- Soothes your skin:
One of the remarkable qualities of squalane is its compatibility with all skin types. Whether you have dry, oily, sensitive, or combination skin, squalane is a versatile ingredient that can benefit everyone. It is non-comedogenic that doesn’t clog pores or contribute to acne breakouts. And hey, guess what? Squalane has soothing properties, making it suitable for sensitive or easily irritated skin.
- Provides long-lasting hydration:
Unlike heavy moisturisers that leave a greasy residue, squalane has a lightweight texture that absorbs quickly into the skin. This makes it an ideal choice for those who prefer a non-greasy feel or want to layer it under makeup. Squalane provides long-lasting hydration without weighing down the skin, allowing it to breathe and maintain a natural, healthy glow.
- Enhances skin's barrier function:
Squalane helps strengthen the skin's natural barrier by preventing moisture loss and protecting it from environmental stressors. This improved barrier function not only keeps the skin hydrated but also helps to shield it from external pollutants and irritants.
How to use squalane in your skincare routine?
- Start by cleansing your face: Start by cleansing your face with a gentle cleanser suited to your skin type. This will remove any dirt, impurities, and excess oil.
- Use a toner for hydration: Secondly, use a toner after cleansing to balance the skin's pH levels and further prep it for hydration. Choose an alcohol-free toner that suits your skin's needs.
- Apply a serum: If you use a serum as part of your routine, apply it after toning. Serums are potent formulations that target specific concerns such as anti-aging. Allow the serum to absorb fully before moving to the next step.
- Use a moisturiser with squalane: Take a small amount of your moisturiser with squalane and rub it on your palms. Gently apply it onto your face, starting from the centre and moving outward. Use upward motions for better absorption.
Squalane: An important ingredient in moisturisers
Squalane is an important ingredient in moisturisers as it works wonders for different skin conditions like:
- Dry skin: Much like squalane balances oils for oily skin, it does the same for dry skin. Yes, it helps your skin retain moisture and stay hydrated and supple.
- Aging skin: There have been several studies in recent years that prove squalane doesn't just moisturise, but also proves an effective anti-aging ingredient that helps to lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. That's because it absorbs so deeply into your skin. Its faster absorption properties help to keep the skin hydrated.
- Acne-prone skin: Contrary to popular belief, squalane is ideal for acne-prone skin. Yes, it helps to balance oil production, reduce excessive sebum, and keep the skin moisturised without causing greasiness.
- Sensitive skin: Now, squalane has a gentle effect on your skin — so it mimics the natural oils. This makes it a great choice for you in case you have sensitive skin. That’s right. It actually helps to alleviate discomfort, reduce the appearance of temporary redness, and provide a calming sensation.
- Uneven skin tone: Worried about uneven skin? In that case, use squalane in your skincare regime. It has powerful antioxidant properties that work to even your skin tone, reducing the appearance of dark spots and temporary redness on the face.
When it comes to moisturisers, The Pink Foundry's Acne Care and Healing Gel Moisturiser is a skin saviour. It is a lightweight gel moisturiser enriched with the power of tea tree and cica, renowned for their soothing and healing properties. And the best part? It is also made from a non-greasy formula that ensures optimal hydration without clogging pores, making it a perfect addition to your acne care routine. So, purchase this moisturiser to restore your skin's balance and radiance.