Acne during the teenage years can have a negative impact on your confidence, and overall outlook on life. A pimple isn’t just a spot on a teenager’s face. It can affect one’s self esteem. Dive into this article to learn more about teenage acne and some hacks to treat it.
What is Teenage Acne?
While teenage acne is primarily found on the face, it can also appear on the neck, chest, shoulders, and back. The sebaceous glands in these parts of the body generate sebum. Sebum is the oil that protects and lubricates your skin and hair.
The amount of sebum production in your body is often influenced by hormones. Therefore, hormonal changes during puberty can often lead to teenage acne. Genes and family history can also trigger teenage pimples.
How to Prevent Pimples for Teenagers
Preventing acne is difficult because it often occurs due to hormonal fluctuations. But if you are worried about how to prevent pimples for teenagers, some tips for you are as follows:
- Take a shower twice a day or every time after sweating.
- Clean your face with a gentle face wash or cleanser Avoid using a harsh exfoliator as it can lead to excessive dry skin, which increases sebum production and triggers acne.
- Always moisturise your skin after cleansing and exfoliating your skin.
- Wash your hair regularly if you have an oily scalp.
- Ensure clean clothes, bedsheets, and pillow covers to prevent dirt or oil from transferring back to your skin.
- Avoid popping out pimples, and keep your hands off your faceto allow your skin to clear out naturally.
- Get your beauty sleep , stay hydrated and lower your stress levels. This one is the toughest but manage your stress as much as possible.
How to Get Rid of Teenage Pimples
Wondering how to get rid of teenage pimples? Check out some steps for dealing with acne below:
- Choose the Right Skincare Products
If you want to clear your skin from acne, you should be using the right skincare products. Create a skincare regimen and follow it even when it takes time to show positive results. You need to check out your skin type before picking the right products.
If your skin is oily or sensitive, you won’t benefit from the same products as someone with dry skin. Before using a product on your whole face, you should perform a patch test and see if it leads to breakouts.
The Pink Foundry has a collection of acne treatment products to help you with clear skin. From an acne spot corrector to an anti-acne serum, you will find it all to control sebum production and fight acne-causing bacteria.
- Watch What You Eat
Your food habits are often responsible for triggering acne. If you consume too much junk food, you are more likely to get acne. Moreover, you can also get acne from consuming too much sugar, dairy products, and chocolate.
A wholesome, balanced diet with fresh fruits and vegetables is important for clear skin. High-protein and low-glycemic foods are crucial for improving acne. If you are concerned about how to get rid of teenage acne, add items like legumes, berries, quinoa, and more to your diet.
- Avoid Direct Sun Exposure
UV rays from the sun can lead to inflammation, redness, and dark discolouration of your skin. If you are taking some OTC acne medications, you might be more vulnerable to sunlight. You should try limiting sun exposure between 10 am to 4 pm every day.
But of course, you will have to go out for work and run different chores. That’s where sunscreens will come to your rescue. Shield your skin from harmful UV rays by using SPF 30 sunscreen.
Acne seems stubborn, and you might feel that you will have to live with the scars all your life. But using the right products and taking care of your skin can help clear acne. Remain patient and consistently follow acne treatment methods to get rid of acne.