Oil, hormones, and bacteria usually cause acne. When sebum cannot escape the skin pores due to the oil residue, bacteria, and dead skin cells clog the follicles, it eventually leads to acne.
Caring for acne-prone skin is much more than using blemish-removing skin care products on your face. Sometimes, it includes lifestyle changes such as a new, improved, and highly effective skincare routine for acne-prone skin.
If you are unaware of the perfect acne-prone skin routine, we’re here to help. This article will give you informative insights into the skincare regimen for acne-prone skin. Please keep reading until the end of the article to learn more about it. Let’s get started.
What is the Skin Care Routine for Acne-Prone Skin?
It is immensely crucial for you to apply the best skin care products for acne-prone skin. Also, ensure you don’t use too many products and always check the label for ingredients. If you have acne-prone skin, use non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic and oil-free products.
After you have sorted out the most appropriate products for your skin, then you should follow this acne-prone skincare routine:
- Firstly, you need to wash your face gently with a cleanser. Make sure that you don’t over-cleanse your face. Keep away from cleansers that overly dry your face and irritte the skin. Such cleansers may temporarily give you an oil-free feeling but add to the misery! How? Drier the skin, more sebum will be produced which will lead to more acne.
- Secondly, gently pat your skin with a soft towel and allow it to dry. Apply a serum with actives like niacinamide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid to treat and prevent acne.
- Thirdly, you need to apply a non-greasy moisturiser on your face. Leave it for a few minutes until your skin completely absorbs the product.
- Fourthly, you shouldn’t miss out on sunscreen. Applying SPF on your face will protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
- Fifthly, once you return home, make sure you cleanse your face. This will help remove the makeup and debris accumulated on your face.
- Sixthly, apply a spot treatment in case of active acne, blackheads or whiteheads. Try The Pink Foundry’s fast acting corrector that dries acne overnight.
Morning & Night Skin Care Routine for Acne-Prone Skin
Here, we’ve listed the steps for both morning and night skincare routines for acne-prone skin.
The step-by-step morning routine for acne-prone skin is as follows:
- Step 1: Cleanser
- Step 2: Toner
- Step 3: Moisturiser
- Step 4: Sunscreen
- Step 5: Makeup
The step-by-step night skincare routine for acne-prone skin is as follows:
- Step 1: Makeup Remover
- Step 2: Cleanser
- Step 3: Spot Treatment
What are the Best Skin Care Products for Acne-Prone Skin?
You will find a plethora of skincare products available in the market for acne-prone skin. While the options are enormous, you might need help to pick out the best formulations. So, to make things easier for you, we’ve picked out the best anti-acne range for your skin.
The Pink Foundry hosts a large variety of acne-acne treatments that will provide quick results. Some of them include the following:
- Overnight Acne Spot Corrector helps clarify the skin by shrinking the existing blackheads, whiteheads, and breakouts.
- Super Clarifying 12% Niacinamide Face Serum for All Skin Types helps regulate oil and sebum production, thereby clarifying your skin.
- Anti Acne Serum helps diminish acne-causing bacteria, thereby preventing the formation of blackheads, breakouts, and whiteheads.
- Oil Free Matte Moisturiser with Blue Light Protection helps hydrate your skin instantly. It also contains anti-inflammatory ingredients that provide aid to improve acne and boosts natural collagen, thereby improving skin elasticity.
- Acne + Pigmentation Relief Duo helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and improves skin brightness.
When you use these skincare products from The Pink Foundry, you will notice incredible results like never before.
When treating your acne-prone skin, patience is key. Once you start using an acne treatment, use it for at least for one month. After that, you can consider switching to a new product. Hold your patience to notice the difference.
But if you don’t see any improvement, you can consult your dermatologist. However, switching to the skincare products of The Pink Foundry will help you notice the best results within a short time.