Want to protect your skin from UV rays and prevent premature ageing? Wearing sunscreen regularly seems like a no-brainer. But it doesn’t matter if you use the most expensive sunscreen as long as you don’t apply it correctly. Scroll till the end to learn how to apply sunscreen and squeeze out the maximum benefits from your sunscreen.
Choosing the Right Sunscreen for Your Face
Before you learn how to apply sunscreen, you should know the right product for your skin type. The factors essential for finding the right sunscreen are as follows:
- SPF: SPF refers to the coverage level of your sunscreen. You should always look for a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
- The breadth of protection: You should consider sunscreen with broad-spectrum protection so that your skin remains safe from UVA and UVB rays. UVB rays are the leading cause of skin cancer and sunburn. But UVA rays can also contribute to skin cancer and premature ageing.
- Formula: You should choose a sunscreen with a non-greasy formula. A lightweight sunscreen won’t clog your pores. It will be particularly suitable when you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.
- Zinc oxide: Zinc oxide-based sunscreens are ideal for your face. The ingredient can offer adequate sun protection without leaving behind a white film.
Preparing Your Skin for Sunscreen
Before you understand how to apply sunscreen on your face, you will have to prepare your skin. The first thing that you will need to do is clean your face with a cleanser or a face wash to get rid of dirt, dust, oil, and impurities. You can use a toner or mist to further dampen your skin, use a serum for specific skin goals and apply moisturiser. Sunscreen is the last step in your skin routine..
How to Apply Sunscreen on Your Face
When you are wondering how to apply sunscreen on your face, you should remember these points:
- Apply an adequate amount of sunscreen: Lay a tablespoon, usually two finger fulls of sunscreen on your face. You should slather on a thick layer to get the maximum SPF level.
- Dot sunscreen on your face directly: You are habituated to squeezing a blob of makeup products onto your hands before applying it to your face. But you should be applying sunscreen directly to your face for better absorption.
- Use sunscreen on your bare skin: Apart from your face, you need to apply sunscreen on your neck, face and ears. When it comes to the body, you should apply sunscreen on every body part that can be exposed to the sun.
- Apply sunscreen daily: You should apply sunscreen on your face daily. While sun exposure will be maximum when you are stepping outside, the rays can affect you even through your window. UV rays are also emitted from your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets.
- Reapply sunscreen: Sunscreen becomes unstable after staying under the sun for some time. So you need to keep reapplying your sunscreen from time to time. Even if indoors, sun rays are reflected off window shields, floors, etc.; which is enough to cause skin damage. Hence reapplication is a must.If you are wondering how to reapply sunscreen, apply it after every couple of hours .
How to Reapply Sunscreen Over Makeup
You are supposed to wear sunscreen before applying makeup. But when you are under the sun for longer than two hours, you will have to reapply sunscreen over makeup. But how to reapply sunscreen over makeup? Some common techniques are as follows:
- Use a makeup sponge to dab your face and press the sunscreen.
- You can spritz sunscreen spray on your face.
- Brush powder sunscreen on top of your makeup gently.
If you are frantically searching for the perfect sunscreen, The Pink Foundry has got you covered. The Mineral Matte Tinted Sunscreen with SPF 30 will offer protection from UVA and UVB rays while moisturising your skin. The sunscreen has a rich combination of shea butter, cucumber, and UV filters like zinc oxide, and titanium dioxide. Grab your sunscreen today and preserve the youthful glow on your face.