Skin care products have more than moisturizers and cleansers today. It has evolved to toners, serums, and exfoliants and many new categories in the past decade.. However, it is imperative to know the differences and effects of each to realize their benefits. While evaluating the difference between toner and serum, we can look at the following points.
What is toner?
While speaking of toners vs. serums, it is imperative to know their properties. Toner is available in a water-based liquid form and also hosts a number of ingredients that do a number of things.Different formulations explicitly tailored for the skin needs and skin types are available.
Benefits of toner
While discussing differences between toner and serum, the benefits of toners can also be noted:
- Raises the pH of the skin
- Decreases the visibility of enlarged pores
Toner: How does it work?
There are debates regarding toner vs. serums, and toner has always been working efficiently to moisturize the skin and face. After washing your face, toner removes any remaining dirt, debris, and pollutants clogged in your pores. It can significantly improve the look and tighten your pores when added to your daily skincare regimen and used often.
Additionally, toner balances the pH of your skin, smoothes skin by removing rough spots, and evens skin tone—so many advantages. Application instructions include soaking a cotton ball in the toner and gently sweeping it over your skin after every cleaning and before bedtime.
Types of Skincare Toner
Various types of toners are available. Here are a few of them:
- Exfoliating toners: These toners often target skin types that are oily, combination, or prone to acne. One can find numerous active chemicals in exfoliating toners, such as AHAs/BHAs/PHAs, Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Snail Mucin, and others.
- Healing Toners: For people with sensitive skin or living in areas with poor air quality, healing toners are excellent. These toners frequently contain oat, panthenol, rose water, amino acids, and antioxidants
- Hydrating Toner: The Hydrating Toner can seamlessly balance the pH levels of your skin. Also, oil and makeup on your skin can be eliminated completely. The powerful and highly effective concentrate can easily tighten your skin. Not only that, it makes your skin look more refreshing than ever! Basically, the face toner can substantially reduce the appearance of pores on your skin.
What is serum?
Serums are smooth, light liquids that seal in moisture with concentrated active substances. The oil base isn’t sweet, but it allows ingredients to enter the surface of your skin, thus assuring their effectiveness while also shielding it from the effects of daily life.
Benefits of serum
Discussing serums vs. toners, the advantages of serum can be listed below under specific points:
- Focus on a particular skin need, such as dryness, hyperpigmentation, acne or wrinkles.
- Deeply hydrate and condition the body.
Serum: How does it work?
Serums are fantastic for particular needs like acne, dry skin, radiance, and wrinkles. Apply a couple of drops of serum to your cheeks, forehead, nose, chin and neck after washing your face.
Difference Between Toner and Serum - Pointers
Here are the basic two difference between serums and toners:
- While toners include skin-balancing and pore tightening ingredients, serums have highly concentrated active ingredients.
- Serums come in smaller vials, while toners come in bigger ones.
How to incorporate both into a skincare routine
Ideal way to go about it is using products with textures thinnest to thickest. So toner first, then applying serum followed by moisturiser. serum often feels lighter than a moisturizer, typically heavier. The skin will have more time to absorb the active components if one applies the serum first. Moisturizer is frequently the final step in skin care regimens.
If you need clarification about what to select: toners or serums, choose the ones you prefer. There have been various collections available both for toners as well as serums. We, The Pink Foundry, have always been known to offer some of the most potent and effective toners and serums. Check out our collection and get yours today!